Vegetarians will benefit from amazing and healthy vegetarian pressure cooker recipes that are easy to prepare within a very short time. There are many ingredients which can be used to prepare the meat-less meals and you can easily come up with a plan to experiment with your favorite dishes whenever you wish.
Below are 3 amazing vegan recipes that you surely would not want to miss as they will keep you and your family happy and liven those dining moments any time.
Aromatic chickpeas curry recipe
This recipe is cooked using various spices along with tomatoes, soft chickpeas and potatoes and definitely comes top as one of the best meat-less dishes that you can ever have. It is effortless to prepare and does not take long and within less than 30 minutes, you will be able to not only prepare but set the meal on the table for all to enjoy.
Serves 4 people
Preparation time: 10mins
Cooking time: 20mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons of cumin seeds
- 1 clove of smashed garlic
- I big onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons of ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon Garam Masala
- ½ tablespoon of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of ground turmeric
- 1 tin of tomatoes (400g)
- 1 tin of chickpeas (400g) – rinsed and drained
- 1 big potato – peeled and chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup of water
- Stem of coriander to serve
1. Heat the olive oil in a pressure cooker over medium heat
2. Add the cumin seeds and stir for a few seconds to make them pop
3. Put the onion slices and stir until they become translucent and soft
4. Add the mashed garlic and other seasonings, stir for a few minutes.
5. Add the chickpeas, potatoes and tomatoes stir for 30 seconds and then add the water. Add the desired amount of salt
6. Safely lock the pressure cooker lid and allow to pressure over high temperature
7. Reduce the heat after reaching the maximum pressure and wait for 15 minutes before releasing the pressure using the natural release method.
8. Serve the meal and add the coriander.
9. Serve with bread, steamed rice or anything you cherish.
Fast Indian curry with coconut quinoa
- ½ cup string beans
- 1 small eggplant, chopped
- 1 small sweet potato, chopped
- 3 tbs ghee/ butter
- 1 small butternut/ accord squash, chopped
- 1 tbs cumin seed
- ½ jalapenos, finely sliced
- ½ cup cubed yellow onions
- 150g fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 cup quinoa
- 225g garbanzo beans, cleaned and drained
- 1 tbs of extracted coconut
- ½ cup raisins
- 1/3 tbs garam masala
- 2/3 tbs of hot madras curry powder
- 1/3 tbs curry powder
- 2 cups of water
1. Put the coconut extract, quinoa, raisins, garbanzo beans and water in your pressure cooker. Place a vegetable steaming holder on top and then put your sliced veggies starting with the pieces of squash and then sweet potato. On top of this, add the eggplant, pepper and the beans.
2. Oil the gasket and the cover the pressure cooker locking the lid safely before setting the heat to medium-high. After reaching high pressure, allow to cook for 6 minutes before using quick release method to depressurize.
3. Melt your ghee or butter in a saucepan and fry the cumin seeds for 2 or 3 minutes.
4. Add onions and fry until soft. Do not let them brown.
5. Add the milk and other spices and cook for 10 minutes until the mixture is a little bit thickened.
6. Put the vegetables on a serving bowl and then empty the curry sauce on top of the veggies tossing to cover.
7. Remove the vegetable steaming holder from your pressure cooker and fluff your quinoa.
8. Serve the curry and quinoa in plates and enjoy with pitas or flat bread.
Saag with tofu pressure cooker recipe
This is a stewed Indian meal prepared using greens and normally contains crunchy tofu cubes. You can add some yogurt at the end of your cooking to add a savor to this smooth and finger-licking dish.
- 400g solid tofu, drained and sliced in large cubes
- 3 tablespoons of your favorite vegetable oil
- 3 mid-sized cloves of garlic pounded
- 1 mid-sized yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon of ginger powder
- 1 stemmed and thinly sliced Serrano chile
- 1 ½ teaspoon of garam masala
- ½ teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- Salt to taste
- 300g frozen and sliced spinach (defrost and pour the excess water)
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- ½ cup of water
Cooking instructions of Saag with Tofu
1. Put tofu on a big paper-towel-lined platter in a single layer and put aside
2. In a large pressure cooker, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat until it gleams. Put the tofu and turn occasionally for 10 minutes until it turns golden brown. Do not cover the lid.
3. Transfer the tofu on a plate lined with a fresh and dry paper towel. Season it with salt and set it aside.
4. Reduce the heat and add the onions, stir for a few minutes and then add other spices, salt, spinach, cream and water and stir perfectly before locking the pressure cooker lid. Leave for 5 minutes and then remove from the heater. Release the pressure naturally.
5. Open the pressure cooker lid and add the yogurt, stir and then add the tofu allowing it to sit on the mix for a minute. Serve with naan or steamed rice.